Dear BarnArts Supporter,
Thank you for your interest in and support of BarnArts! We hope you will help us meet our end of year fundraising goal of $18,000 to support our growing arts organization’s 12th year building community through art. Your donation of any amount lets us know that you value the work we are doing.
Despite the obstacles facing the arts community over the last few years, BarnArts has continued to thrive and grow thanks to your support. We have continued to offer the community-based programming at the heart of our organization while also expanding our Arts-in-Schools programming.
Our new Global Music Residencies brought two international bands to 14 different schools, reaching over 1,500 kids with drumming workshops and performances highlighting Belizean and Haitian history and culture.
In 2023 we aim to reach 50% more youth through our school programming and are currently lining up a Spring residency with the Indigenous Canadian Mi’kmaq fiddler Morgan Toney.
We have big plans for our 12th season, but we need your help. Your donation to BarnArts will support:
● Music and sound tech fees for our Masquerade Jazz & Funk Winter Music Carnival
● Site rental costs and director stipends for Neil Simon’s The Good Doctor
● Workshops with Global Music Residency artists for underserved schools
● Production rights fees for six performances of Arcadia by Tom Stoppard
● Scholarships for our Summer Youth Theater camp
● Community outreach engagements for touring artists performing at Feast and Field
● Local bands performing at the Barnard Street Dance
● Community actors preparing original work for our 2nd Haunted Village Theater
● Directing and accompaniment support of our BarnArts Chorale and Youth Chorale
We are proud of the work we do and are indescribably grateful for the support and love we receive from you, our community.
Please join us in making 2023 our best year yet by supporting BarnArts fundraising goal!
Best Wishes from BarnArts!