by Tom Stoppard
Directed by Christopher Peirce
June 16, 17, 23, 24 - 7pm
June 18, 25 - 4pm
Outdoors in Barnard, VT
1544 Royalton Turnpike
Adults - $20
Students - $15
Tom Stoppard’s Arcadia explores the nature of history, ambition, and love alongside a mind-bending experience of real-time quantum mechanics.
Arcadia is an award winning play, beloved by theater majors, science nerds and anyone who likes to ponder life, the universe and everything...! The story spans centuries, bringing forth a feast of deep themes, including the power of time, science, romance, truth, and the (in)accuracy of academic research.
Two complex tableaus of characters occupy the same pastoral English setting but in two eras: the early 19th Century and the present day. Events converge and timelines cross in this critically acclaimed play:
Winner! 1995 New York Drama Critics' Circle Award for Best Play
Winner! 1994 Olivier Award for Best Play
- Performances will be held outdoors at old Feast & Field location across from Fable Farm Orchard on Royalton Turnpike in Barnard. Follow signs to parking area and allow 5-10 minutes to walk from parking to performance location. Drop off and accessible parking available.
- ADA info: Site is located on flat lawn a small distance from accessible parking. An accessible portable toilet will be near the accessible parking area.
- As the is an outdoor performance, shows will be canceled in case of rain and tickets will be good at any other performance of Arcadia.
- BarnArts will sell NA drinks and snacks. Picnicking is welcome.
- We will have chairs set up at the stage, but you are welcome to bring your own or a blanket to sit on.