To our BarnArts Community:
We are amazed and excited to share with you that BarnArts is in its 10th season of growth! What began as an idea in 2012 is now a thriving arts organization, in no small part due to your support. Support comes to BarnArts in many ways: some donate time or share facilities, materials and expertise; many donate money to help cover overhead expenses and keep our ticket prices low and affordable, assuring all can attend our events or participate in our programs. BarnArts’ survival as a community-run, community-focused arts organization depends on the financial support of the community it serves, reinforcing a shared belief that art is essential to our social well-being.
Building Community through Art comes in the form of access and opportunity.
BarnArts is a community-supported organization and your donations are what keep our programing successful. As well as offering local access to quality art and performances, we provide many opportunities for community members to participate through singing, acting and even back-stage work like costume design. Local high school musicians strut their funk onstage with professional musicians at our annual Masquerade Jazz Funk Winter Music Carnival in March, local singers and musicians perform at Winter Carols each December and actors of all ages join in our winter and summer community plays, three for adults plus our highly successful Summer Youth Theater program, now in its 10th season!
Your involvement in BarnArts is the key to our success.
Continued support provides:
- Scholarships for the 10th anniversary of our BarnArts Summer Youth Theater!
- Opportunities for adults to engage their talents and learn new ones while joining in our from-the-ground-up Community Theater.
- Low cost tickets to see high-quality performances and performers in our own backyard.
- Collaboration with Barnard Academy, The Barnard Education Fund and the Byrne Foundation to provide unique Arts-in-Education programing in our schools.
- Weekly community gatherings during the summer enjoying regional and touring musicians at Feast and Field, through our Feast & Field Music Series & Feast & Field Music Series.
- Multiple community gatherings at our Barnard Town Hall during the winter with Community Contra Dances and Potlucks and music events.
Please consider a tax-deductible gift. BarnArts is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and your support makes a difference!
Best wishes from the BarnArts Board of Directors:
Cynthia Bystrak, Ted Donlon, Peter Kahn, Carin Ewing Park, Deborah Rice, Stephen Stuntz
Linda Treash, Executive Director
Chloe Powell, Director of Music Programming
Donations to “BarnArts” can be made via paypal or mailed directly to BarnArts at PO Box 41, Barnard, VT. BarnArts is a 501c3 non-profit organization and you will receive a thank you and tax deductable receipt.